Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client changed and got RFE for client letter H1B

Hi,

When my employer applied for my H1 I was with a client. But just couple weeks back my project got completed and I am on another client now.

Then we got RFE for client letter. So my employer is submitting client letter form my new client.

So is it OK to submit client letter which is different from the client which was mentioned while applying for H1B.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

It is hard to predict. Before filing the H1B petition, the employer should file the LCA and get it approved - say that was filed for location A. The H1B will be filed based on that LCA. Now if you have changed client, then I am assuming your location has changed too. In which case, your employer will need to file a new LCA first. Sending a different client letter (different work location) than the one that was on the initial petition can complicate things.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Client is in same location. My previous client and current client are in same state , different cities which are like 10 miles away.

Thanks.

Comment

If an employer moves an H1B worker to a job site that is not listed in original LCA, the petitioner is required to immediately notify USCIS and file an amended or new H1B petition, along with a corresponding LCA.

Originally posted by sonu111 View Post
        Client is in same location. My previous client and current client are in same state , different cities which are like 10 miles away.

Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X