X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On H1 Marrying F1

Hi All,

Need some advice/suggestions.

I am on H1-B (already had stamping) planning to marry a guy who is currently on F1 status. Planning to get married in India around December. We both are currently in the same city in US. Although he has a valid f1 visa for next few years, he changed his school from medicine prep to english prep (to save tuition money). We are looking for options that will allow him to not get through stamping process in India, be easy for him to come back (knowing that the major field of study has changed). Based on this info we have questions.

- Can we get married in India and come back on same visas (h1 for me, f1 for him)? Will it be a problem since he changed his course from USMLE prep to English?

- Can we get married here in US and change his status to H4, visit India and come back without him going for stamping? He is not keen on maintaining F1.

Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated.

- Can we get married in India and come back on same visas (h1 for me, f1 for him)? Will it be a problem since he changed his course from USMLE prep to English?
    >>> Try your F1 questions on the F1 forum.

- Can we get married here in US and change his status to H4, visit India and come back without him going for stamping? He is not keen on maintaining F1.
    >>> If he leaves U.S and if we want to re-enter back in H4 status, then he need a valid H4 visa stamped in his passport. He will have to go for the H4 stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X