Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment - for Internal Project

Hi,

I work for one of the premium companies in India and has got my H1B (Lotter + Petition Approved). I originally got the sponsorship from different project during filing my application for H1B. Now i work for Company's internal project and there is a likely demand to travel from my Internal Project form India to U.S. My Queston's are as follows

1) Can I travel from India to U.S while working in Internal Project of the company ?
    2) What all documents required to be produced for Internal project?
    3) I see that H1B Amendment document is as good as filing new fresh application. So will i get new Petition or the existing petitions will be altered with new location information ?

Guidance needed for this (In case of any example previously like this please publish here).

Thanks !!!

If your work location is different, then an amendment need to be filed. Any material change to the previous approved petition need to be amended. Check the below link.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Yes. There is a Location Change (CA to GA), but my questions are as below

1) Can I travel from India to U.S while working in Internal Project of the company ?
      3) I see that H1B Amendment document is as good as filing new fresh application. So will i get new Petition or the existing petitions will be altered with new location information ?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If your work location is different, then an amendment need to be filed. Any material change to the previous approved petition need to be amended. Check the below link.
      https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/

Comment

>>> If your H1B is approved for that location and work details submitted while filing the petition, then YES. If not file an amendment and get it approved. If the petition gets approved for the internal project, then you can travel.

>>> Same as the previous set of documents. Project documents need to reflect internal project.

3) I see that H1B Amendment document is as good as filing new fresh application. So will i get new Petition or the existing petitions will be altered with new location information?
        >>> You will get a new I-797 (approval notice) if the amendment gets approved.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

In my experience, it is possible to travel for internal project. I haven't traveled yet but got my H1B approved for internal project only.

I don't recall what all documents were required but while raising amendment request, you company should be able to tell you what all is required.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X