Dropbox eligibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox eligibility question

I checked the eligibility of the questions here. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

and had a question specifically about this rule: If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

My original H1B visa was Nov 2010 till Sep 2012. It was renewed by my petitioner from Oct 2012 till Oct 2014 and now again from Oct 2014 till Dec 2016. My query is am I still valid for dropbox since my previous extension on the visa expired in Oct 2014 and hence less than 12 month or does it go by the Visa original end date of Sep 2012 and thus making me ineligible?

Much obliged if someone who knows on this can share some light.

Are you getting confused between the petition approval and visa approval? What your employer renewed would be your H1B or L1 petition. What you get stamped in your passport by visiting the U.S consulate is the visa. The question below is asking about your visa expiry in your passport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by xAlias View Post
      I checked the eligibility of the questions here. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

and had a question specifically about this rule: If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

My original H1B visa was Nov 2010 till Sep 2012. It was renewed by my petitioner from Oct 2012 till Oct 2014 and now again from Oct 2014 till Dec 2016. My query is am I still valid for dropbox since my previous extension on the visa expired in Oct 2014 and hence less than 12 month or does it go by the Visa original end date of Sep 2012 and thus making me ineligible?

Much obliged if someone who knows on this can share some light.
      You need to use visa expiration date from your passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X