Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping question

Hi,

I am currently working in the US on L1B visa (visa expired as of Aug'14. Staying on I-94 which is valid until Sep'16). My employer had filed my H1 in this year's CAP and it got approved. I am planning a visit to India in September and come back by end of October after getting my h1 stamped.

My question here is that:

Will there be any issue in H1 stamping if I go in September since I would leave US on L1 status or do I need to get COS from L1 to H1 before I leave US and then go for stamping?

Please advise..
    Last edited by abhismag; 07-28-2015, 03:31 PM.

Will there be any issue in H1 stamping if I go in September since I would leave US on L1 status
    >>> No issues.

Or do I need to get COS from L1 to H1 before I leave US and then go for stamping?
    >>> There is absolutely no use in doing that. Leave as planned, get the H1B visa stamped and return back using the H1B approval notice.
    Last edited by shervin143; 07-28-2015, 03:37 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Will there be any issue in H1 stamping if I go in September since I would leave US on L1 status
      >>> No issues.

Or do I need to get COS from L1 to H1 before I leave US and then go for stamping?
      >>> There is absolutely no use in doing that. Leave as planned, get the H1B visa stamped and return back using the H1B approval notice.

Thanks shervin143 for the quick response.

My only doubt is that since I am staying on L1B currently and will be leaving from US as L1B petition holder so my current status would be L1 on my files. Don't they always see your current status and my H1B may also get voided. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Comment

You are unduly concerned. There is nothing to worry.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          You are unduly concerned. There is nothing to worry.
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X