Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i797A Expiration Dates & GreenCard application timeline

Hello!

It's my 5th year on H1B visa. I have been with the same employer for last 2 years (starting 01st Oct 2013). My employer is willing to start green card process, but the valid employment dates on i797A has me worried. Even though company is 4 years old and has 60 employees, I am the first person to go through greencard process (if that happens).

Various dates on i797A:
    Receipt Date: April 17, 2013
    Notice Date: May 10, 2013
    Notice type: Approval Notice
    Class H1B
    Valid from 10/01/2013 to 03/31/2016

I don't have updated i-94 as I didn't leave USA in last 3 years. And attached i-94 on i797A suggests same dates, "Valid From 10/01/2013 until 03/31/2016".

Please help me with following questions.

a) I was under impression that I will be allowed to legally work till 10/01/2016, as H1B is issued for 3 years. Is there something I can do to get a document that allows me to work till 10/01/2016 instead of current dates which says 03/01/2016?

b) Do I have sufficient time to apply for Greencard. If yes, how long do I have until I apply for greencard?

c) If lawyers send the paperwork to government for greencard in 2 months, will that allow me to work un-interrupted until I receive labour certification.

d) What potential issues I am looking at with these dates?

Thanks a lot for your help, it means a lot.

Priya
    Denver, Colorado.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X