Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension on approved I140 and in India for 2 year

Hi Experts

I am trying to get some information on work permit. I looked into current forum but did not find any information so that why I am posting this question.

I worked in US for 6 year 2007 -2013 and moved to India in 2013 due to family reason and working for same employer A in India now. But before moving to India my employer A filed H1b extension based on approved I140 and I got H1b extension for 3 year 2013-2016. Now I want to move back to US but employer A in US does not have any open position so I want to try in some other employer B based on H1B extension. I have I140 approved and H1b extension 2013-2016.

I have question
    1.Can I check if my H1b extension is still valid after being in India for 2 year, is there any government website to verify H1B extension validity.
    2.Can I utilize the approved H1b extension for transfer and work for other employer.
    3.Can new employer file cap exempt H1b for next 3 year or do I need to wait for quota to be available.
    4.My Priority date is current so can new employer file H1B extension.

Please share any information you have on my current issue.

Thanks in Advance

1.Can I check if my H1b extension is still valid after being in India for 2 year, is there any government website to verify H1B extension validity.
    >>> You can enter your case number in USCIS case tracker to check the status of your H1B and I-140 petitions. If you are still working for that employer, then you can also check with the employer.

2.Can I utilize the approved H1b extension for transfer and work for other employer.
    >>> Yes. You will need to provide the new employer a copy of your approved I-140.

3.Can new employer file cap exempt H1b for next 3 year or do I need to wait for quota to be available.
    >>> If the I-140 is still valid, then a new employer can file a CAP exempt petition.

>>> Priority date has nothing to do with H1B extension.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> You can enter your case number in USCIS case tracker to check the status of your H1B and I-140 petitions. If you are still working for that employer, then you can also check with the employer.

>>> Yes. You will need to provide the new employer a copy of your approved I-140.

>>> If the I-140 is still valid, then a new employer can file a CAP exempt petition.

>>> Priority date has nothing to do with H1B extension.
      thanks shervin143 for your response, I check USCIS website for current H1B and I140 and both are in approved state. There is no cancel or revoke state for H1B and I140.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X