Question - Multiple H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Multiple H1b

I am a physician on a H1b visa (cap exempt). I have completed a 3 years J1 waiver and have I-140 approved with a priority date in 2012 (EB2, Indian national). I am looking for my visa options to start moonlighting with a separate group who provides physicians for different hospitals in multiple states.

1. Is it possible to have a separate H1b for a different employer? Is the process too complicated, or in other words, could it create any problems for my existing H1b through my primary employer?

2. I was told that I can start working for the new employer right after receipt of my application at USCIS without waiting for a formal decision. Would you recommend doing that?

3. Also, this new employer has moonlighting shifts available in multiple cities with different hospitals. Can I work at multiple sites after obtaining a single visa through the group? All these sites are under different health systems but under same employer.

4. Can I file for this H1b myself or it should be done through my new employer? In other words, is it mandatory for my employer to pay the expenses involved in the application?

I would hightly appreciate your reponses.

1. Is it possible to have a separate H1b for a different employer?
    >>> Possible. The 2nd H1B need to be filed as a concurrent H1B petition (You need to be very careful about that) and that should get approved.

Is the process too complicated, or in other words, could it create any problems for my existing H1b through my primary employer?
    >>> No issues as long as USCIS approved your 2nd H1B petition as a concurrent H1B petition instead of a H1B transfer from one employer to another.

2. I was told that I can start working for the new employer right after receipt of my application at USCIS without waiting for a formal decision. Would you recommend doing that?
    >>> That is only possible when you file a H1B transfer from one employer to another. In case of a concurrent H1B petition, you will need to wait for the 2nd H1B petition to be approved before you can start working for 2 employers at the same time. There is a premium processing that will get you the result within 15 days.

3. Also, this new employer has moonlighting shifts available in multiple cities with different hospitals. Can I work at multiple sites after obtaining a single visa through the group? All these sites are under different health systems but under same employer.
    >>> Possible. The H1B should be approved for multiple work locations. A good immigration attorney can handle it well.

4. Can I file for this H1b myself or it should be done through my new employer? In other words, is it mandatory for my employer to pay the expenses involved in the application?
    >>> You cannot file your own work petition. Only the employer can file it and the cost of filing the petition need to be taken care by the employer. You can legally take care of the premium processing fee. Rest of the fee should be paid by the employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful responses! Can you please recommend a good immigration attorney in Minneapolis or Chicago who can handle this situation efficiently?

Comment

I'm sorry. I don't know any immigration attorney in Minneapolis or Chicago. Google for Khanna or M urthy. They have expert immigration attorneys.

Originally posted by pt2015 View Post
        Thank you for your thoughtful responses! Can you please recommend a good immigration attorney in Minneapolis or Chicago who can handle this situation efficiently?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X