Waiting for finger print clearance in Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for finger print clearance in Mumbai

7 weeks since I was fingerprinted (Nov 05) in Mumbai, yet to get a confirmed report on where my case is. Dept of State says "case pending, fingerprints sent by consulate in Nov", FBI says no request for clearance for my case, consulate says "fingerprint report obtained, now in consular processing". On Tuesday, the consulate told me to come over with docs the next morning since they had clearance. On Wednesday at the consulate was turned away without an entry since they were still waiting for clearances (!).

1) How long does it take for consular processing post receipt of fingerprint report from DC?
    2) Who to trust more in this case, Dept of State, FBI or Consulate for an updated case report?
    3) Anybody still waiting for security clearance post 7 weeks from their fingerprint date?

Could you please post your wait time. My parents had interview 36 days ago and below is the status update i got from delhi embassy.
    Thanks.

"The application of your parents is pending under Section 221(g) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act for necessary administrative processing. We will contact your parents as soon as we have reached a decision on his case as the result of his fingerprints is still awaited."

Comment

consular processing

will the consular processing interview date be 3 months after I-140 approval date or the date of consular processing interview depends on the priority date

Thank u
      Rucha

Comment

The interview date will be 3 months after I-140 approval.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X