Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - Urgent

Hello-
    My Full Name is Patel, Rahul Subhaschandra. Where Patel is my last name, Rahul is my first name and Subhashchandra is my father's name.
    But in I-797 it is mentioned as Patel, Rahul Subhaschand. Letter "ra" is missing.

Is that fine?

In my current company petition it is Patel, Rahul S. (which is fine because S is initial)

Originally posted by agarwama View Post
    Hello-
    My Full Name is Patel, Rahul Subhaschandra. Where Patel is my last name, Rahul is my first name and Subhashchandra is my father's name.
    But in I-797 it is mentioned as Patel, Rahul Subhaschand. Letter "ra" is missing.

Is that fine?

In my current company petition it is Patel, Rahul S. (which is fine because S is initial)
    Advisable to have consistency in Passport, educational documents, experience certificates etc otherwise eventually you would have to change one or the other.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I guess the last two letters are truncated since the name is too long. Get a copy of form I-129 filed by your employer and check to see if they have entered the correct name there. If yes, then I am guessing the name is too long to be printed in the approval notice. If the name in I-129 is correct, then the employer can contact USCIS to get a clarification.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Please help - Urgent

Thank you so much Raghvi and Shervin. Yes it is due to the character Limit. In 1-129 the name is correct. Do you suggest for amendment in this case? or its fine?
        If its amendment, can we just go for Father's Initial?

Comment

You are fine. Keep a copy of form I-129 during visa stamping and while entering U.S to prove that the last characters are truncated because of the length of the name. If you need to correct the petition, then you need to fix your passport first or there will be a mismatch between the passport and the approval notice.

Originally posted by agarwama View Post
          Thank you so much Raghvi and Shervin. Yes it is due to the character Limit. In 1-129 the name is correct. Do you suggest for amendment in this case? or its fine?
          If its amendment, can we just go for Father's Initial?

Comment

I would advise to get it shortened and get H1 amended. The name length issue will keep re occurring while you file your SSN, drivers license etc.

Comment

I would second that. Even though you will be fine with the visa interview and at POE, the lengthy name will cause trouble when you apply for SSN & Driving License. SSN and DL will be issued only as per your approval notice and there will always be a name mismatch which will cause unnecessary issues.

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              I would advise to get it shortened and get H1 amended. The name length issue will keep re occurring while you file your SSN, drivers license etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X