Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa Transfer

Hi All,

Company A has raised me the H1B visa for this year 2015 and it got picked in the lottery and also got approved,but i have changed the company A from where my H1B visa has raised.In the new company B they are asking for the petition approval copy to transfer it.But i have only receipt number.

Can some one help me to know the process to transfer my H1B Visa without any documents from company A.I know the receipt number only with this how can i proceed further.

Thank you in advance,
    Last edited by ravi.901; 08-07-2015, 02:04 AM.

You can file the transfer using just the receipt number if you know for sure that receipt number belongs to you. However, most employers will hesitate to file the transfer with just the receipt number fearing that USCIS may raise an RFE for a copy of the approval notice. Also, if employer A revokes their petition before Oct 1st, then you are no longer considered CAP exempt and a new employer cannot transfer the petition. Try and get a copy of the H1B approval notice from Employer A and file the transfer post Oct 1st.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 B Visa Transfer

Hi shervin,

Is Company A can revokes the H1 B Visa petition.If yes what will be the cost for revoking the petition. Is their any deadline date to transfer file by Oct 1st.

Comment

Is Company A can revokes the H1 B Visa petition.
        >>> Yes, they can request USCIS to revoke the petition that was filed by them.

If yes what will be the cost for revoking the petition.
        >>> If the employer is revoking the petition, a letter to the USCIS Service Center that approved the petition is all that is needed.

Is their any deadline date to transfer file by Oct 1st.
        >>> You will first of all need a copy of the H1B approval notice to file the transfer. USCIS has recently started issuing RFEs when one tries to transfer the new CAP counted petition before Oct 1st. Transferring it post Oct 1st should be fine. If the employer revokes the petition before Oct 1st, then you are no longer considered to be CAP counted even if you have an approved petition. a transfer is not possible in that case.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X