Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE asking for DUTIES to be mentioned in Exp letter

Hello,

I got RFE on my H1B case. Along with other documents, attorney asked below one also :-
    "Please provide us with experience letters documenting your professional experience. The letters should confirm your job title, job duties, and dates of employment".

Usually experience letter (in India) doesn't have job duties. I worked in past 5 companies and none of experience letter have that mentioned. They only states, this person worked in our organization from this date to this date and his designation was 'this'.
    Few other posts said that I can ask any of my old colleague to mention my duties at that time, on stamp paper and notarize that. Will that work in my situation ? Since they left those companies and now working with different one, so they can not give that on letterhead of that company. Any suggestions ?

Or I should ask him to go with affidavit ? Which is preferred ?

Regards

This has been a problem with Indian companies. However, a detailed experience letter as asked by the attorney is required for H1B filing and for filing Green Card in the future. Most people usually go back to their previous Indian employers and ask them to provide a experience letter including your full name, roles and responsibilities, time frame worked (duration) & designation and they have been successful in getting them. You should try and get them from your previous employer of possible on their letterhead which will add more value. However, if that is not possible, then an alternative is to get a notarize letter from your previous colleagues (if possible from your supervisors). The letter should include their full name, The duration until which they worked with you and their designation along with your details as mentioned above. This is only an alternative. Getting the letter from the employer on their letterhead has more value, so try and get it from them if possible.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks. As per suggestions, I am trying hard to get in touch with old colleague and companies. I learned that, I will also need it when my GC will be applied. That's why, I will try to get best paper for future use also. I have few more questions, if I can get help on them as well.

(1) >>a detailed experience letter as asked by the attorney is required for H1B filing and for filing Green Card in the future<< When I will file for Green Card in future, will notarize letter (from my previous colleagues/supervisor) work at that time also ? Or they will need it on Letterhead without ANY alternate ?

(2) Here is my current situation -
      Company-1 : Jul 2000 to Mar 2003 - I can get notarize from previous colleague. Though I have a old blank letterhead as well.
      Company-2 : Apr 2000 to Oct 2005 - This company is dissolved, but colleague can notarize.
      Company-3 : Oct 2005 to Feb 2007 - Can get notarize from previous manager, but no letterhead.
      Company-4 : Jun 2007 to Oct 2008 - Can get on letterhead.
      Company-5 : Oct 2008 to Jun 2010
      Company-6 : Jul 2010 to present

For 'Company-1', my friend can write and notarize saying that I worked with him and mention duties at that time. Now he is Senior Manager in different organization. Will it be better to get plain paper notarize or he should write on his new company's letterhead ? He can do either way or both ways.

For 'Company-5', my previous supervisor can write on paper and notarize it. Also, I have another colleague, (now) who is staying/working in US (Cognizant). He also can give same. Which would give more weightage ? Or should I get from both ?

For 'Company-6', Do I need to get duties and responsibilities from my current company also ?

(3) Does consulate validate those letterheads with related companies ?

(4) Does it have to be on stamp paper as well or only plain paper notarized should be sufficient ?

Regards
      Last edited by abhisheks77; 08-09-2015, 04:08 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

When I will file for Green Card in future, will notarize letter (from my previous colleagues/supervisor) work at that time also ? Or they will need it on Letterhead without ANY alternate ?
        >>> It can work for both H1B and GC. But it totally depends on the officer who handles your case. Lot of people have been successful in providing notarized experience letters from x-colleagues. But if the officer for some reason wouldn't take it, then they can raise an RFE. It is the 2nd best thing if you cannot get the experience letters from your previous employers on their letterheads.

(2) Here is my current situation -
        Company-1 : Jul 2000 to Mar 2003 - I can get notarize from previous colleague. Though I have a old blank letterhead as well.
        Company-2 : Apr 2000 to Oct 2005 - This company is dissolved, but colleague can notarize.
        Company-3 : Oct 2005 to Feb 2007 - Can get notarize from previous manager, but no letterhead.
        Company-4 : Jun 2007 to Oct 2008 - Can get on letterhead.
        Company-5 : Oct 2008 to Jun 2010
        Company-6 : Jul 2010 to present

For 'Company-1', my friend can write and notarize saying that I worked with him and mention duties at that time. Now he is Senior Manager in different organization. Will it be better to get plain paper notarize or he should write on his new company's letterhead ? He can do either way or both ways.
        >>> notarized on a plain paper. Do not get it on his current company's letterhead. That will confuse things. Ask him to mention his current designation on the letter.

For 'Company-5', my previous supervisor can write on paper and notarize it. Also, I have another colleague, (now) who is staying/working in US (Cognizant). He also can give same. Which would give more weightage ? Or should I get from both ?
        >>> Get it from both of them. More proof is always good.

For 'Company-6', Do I need to get duties and responsibilities from my current company also ?
        >>> Yes.

(3) Does consulate validate those letterheads with related companies ?
        >>> They may if they need to.

(4) Does it have to be on stamp paper as well or only plain paper notarized should be sufficient ?
        >>> Plain white paper that is notarized.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Really great help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X