X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Change after I-140 approval

Immihelp team:-

Please help me out with the following questions:-

I am in the US on L1B at this point of time will be completing 5 years soon and my company filed H1-B conversion this year and got approved as well. H1-B will be effective from October 1st and is valid for 1 years 4 months.

Meanwhile my company filed PERM/I-140 and it got approved. So I have couple of questions

1. If I go for H1-B stamping this year end in India can I go for 3 years extension or they will approve only for 1 years 4 months
    2. Is it safe for me to change job after October 1st ? How I get to know whether my I-140 revoked or not?
    3. If I go back to India and quit current company and come back here for the new company can I port my PD even after my I-140 revoked by my current employer?

Please advise.

1. If I go for H1-B stamping this year end in India can I go for 3 years extension or they will approve only for 1 years 4 months
    >>> H1B visa will be stamped only till your H1B petition expiry date.

2. Is it safe for me to change job after October 1st ? How I get to know whether my I-140 revoked or not?
    >>> Yes, you can change job post Oct 1st. But if the new employer doesn't start your GC process right away (Most employers won;t start the process immediately. They will ask you to wait for 6 to 12 months), you cannot extend your H1B after 6 years. YOu can track your I-140 status at the USCIS case tracker. But the information there will not be 100% reliable. Sometimes, even though the petition is revoked, it might not get updated and might show the wrong status. Checking with the employer is the reliable one.

3. If I go back to India and quit current company and come back here for the new company can I port my PD even after my I-140 revoked by my current employer?
    >>> Yes. PD can be ported if you have a copy of your I-140.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> H1B visa will be stamped only till your H1B petition expiry date.

>>> Yes, you can change job post Oct 1st. But if the new employer doesn't start your GC process right away (Most employers won;t start the process immediately. They will ask you to wait for 6 to 12 months), you cannot extend your H1B after 6 years. YOu can track your I-140 status at the USCIS case tracker. But the information there will not be 100% reliable. Sometimes, even though the petition is revoked, it might not get updated and might show the wrong status. Checking with the employer is the reliable one.

>>> Yes. PD can be ported if you have a copy of your I-140.
      Thank you so much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X