Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Amendment

Hi Experts,
    I have few query regarding H1 B Amendment.

1) My Office building has been shifted to new location , do I need to file H1 B Amendment.
    2) How much time and money will take if it is just for location change Amendment.
    3) I am planning to go India for vacation can I go in process of H1 B Amendment or I have to wait till it processed or Approved.(as it is for Location change)
    4) If go back to India will it be problem during stamping as Amendment is in process and I donot have approval of it.

Thanks
    Vidhya Sagar

Originally posted by VidhyaSagar View Post
    Hi Experts,
    I have few query regarding H1 B Amendment.

1) My Office building has been shifted to new location , do I need to file H1 B Amendment. - depends on whether it is in the same MSA or different. At the very least, a new LCA is required.
    2) How much time and money will take if it is just for location change Amendment. - Time 2 to 3 months regular and 15 days premium. Cost has to be paid by the employer so you need not concern yourself.
    3) I am planning to go India for vacation can I go in process of H1 B Amendment or I have to wait till it processed or Approved.(as it is for Location change) - It has to be filed before the change occurs. It will be better if you have the amendment approval in hand when you return, but you may or may not have problems. There is no clear guidance.
    4) If go back to India will it be problem during stamping as Amendment is in process and I donot have approval of it. - For Visa application you should definitely have the new amendment approval notice in hand.

Thanks
    Vidhya Sagar
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X