Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job change after approved i140

Hello,
    I recently got my I140 approved and my priority date is jan 2015. I have my H1B till may 2017 (without the 3 years extension after approved I140). I am now getting a very good offer from a big company which is also important for my career growth.

1. Can I change my employer now or do I need to wait for 6 months from the date of approval of i140.
    2. Also, my new employer is ready to apply for my GC immediately, but can I keep my current priority date.
    3. Can my new employer file for the 3 year H1B extension while the H1B transfer or is it valid only for the current employer who filed my I140.

Pls help. I am really confused with different versions on these questions.
    Any response will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

1. Can I change my employer now or do I need to wait for 6 months from the date of approval of i140.
    >>> You can change the employer now. No need to wait for 6 months. That only applies when you have filed form I-485 and received an EAD.

2. Also, my new employer is ready to apply for my GC immediately, but can I keep my current priority date.
    >>> Yes. You can keep your current priority date as long as you have a copy of your I-140.

3. Can my new employer file for the 3 year H1B extension while the H1B transfer or is it valid only for the current employer who filed my I140.
    >>> New employer can request for 3 years on their H1B petition.
    Last edited by shervin143; 08-13-2015, 01:26 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much @shervin143. Appreciate your quick response always.

Thanks again.

Comment

one last question on the same lines:

I have a copy of my approved I140. In case I change my job, and my old employer revokes my I140(which I think they won't, but need to know the same for my info), can I still use my priority date from that i140.

Thanks

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by raviprasad View Post
          one last question on the same lines:

I have a copy of my approved I140. In case I change my job, and my old employer revokes my I140(which I think they won't, but need to know the same for my info), can I still use my priority date from that i140.

Thanks
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X