Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g and VFS dropbox !!

Hello Everybody,

First time when I went for H1B interview in chennai consulate, I was given 221g asking for W2, Tax Returns of the company for three years, Project letter and active project list etc. I appeard second time with all the required docs, VO accepted all docs expect the project letter and gave 221g again asking for more detailed letter. She also stapled both the 221gs and asked me to use VFS dropBox to drop the docs again.

My doubt is should i drop both the 221g forms in dropbox or only the latest 221g form? Any experienced user please help me...

Regards
    JK

Hi,
    Put only the most recent refusal letter along with the documents that were asked for. Make sure you put a cover letter in the packet containing the documents briefing the situation and explaining the discrepancy if any.

All the Best.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Veena & Friends, reg. 221(g), proj.details, VFS Drop box

I have attended for H1B Visa at Chennai on 4th Jan. Interview was fine. I did well the interviewer asked me to provide " the Client Project detailed information " thru 221(g) such as project technical description, time line, no. of employees assigned to it, a marketing analysis of the final product and told me that She will Issue me Visa once i send the above doucment along with the perticulars and told me to Send it through VFS center. And my Employer will be sending the document from US, once i get i can send all through VFS center.

And my question is >> How many pages does it requires to write about... ? (the project information... and all)

>> Wether it should be in sealed cover or in open ? (means how to submit to dropbox?)
      coz this we should know, when we send this document along with the existing documents to the consulate thru VFS center.

>> Within how many days we should report thru drop box to the consulate after the 221(g)(coz nearly 2 weeks over, yet to receive the document which the CO asked to provide from us employer.

>> Wether that (project details information and all) should be us employer letter head or clients letter head? I need these small clarifications from you all friends... i will be going to get the information soon.. once i get i can write here exactly...

Hopefully,

Regards,
      Rao

Comment

Hi,

The project letter should be detailed enough (having in a letter head is always better) with technical details and other asked sections. Also make sure that u don't make it very elaborate. Make it precise, say 10 to 12 pages with all the required information in clear format with some graphs (if possible).

Carry a covering letter, Passport, Visa fees, DS156, DS157, I129, I797, LCA and other visa docs with you while going to drop your docs. VFS will check every document before collecting from you. As I was thru TTS, I was asked to pay courier fees also. They gave a receipt and they said the documents wud be dispatched to consulate on the same day and they will not be able to tell us the no. of days it wud take to receive a answer from cons.

Goto VFS with all the docs, they'll guide you..

Regards
        JK

---------------------
        Not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X