Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to receive passports after successful visa interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to receive passports after successful visa interview?

I had an H1B visa interview with my 2 kids and my wife (H4) on Tuesday, August 3rd at the U.S Consulate in Istanbul. The interview was very short and smooth and the VO told us that our visa was approved. When we asked how long it usually takes she said less than a week, 10 days maximum.

Today is August 14th and I have not received an E-mail telling me our passports are ready for pickup. I called the US Visa Service Center (Not in Istanbul) and they told me that it usually takes 3-10 business days.

I am a Lecturer at the University of Ohio and I am required to be at the University no later than August 20th. If I'm not there by the end of next week I can possibly lose my job.

I emailed the Consulate in Istanbul on Wednesday and I have yet to get a reply. I am starting to get very concerned and I think there is something wrong with our visa.

Can anyone tell me if this is the normal wait time? Is there any way I can make the process go faster because I have very little time?

Depends on their workload. Normally, anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X