Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing H4 for my wife(who is in India) when I changed my employer in USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing H4 for my wife(who is in India) when I changed my employer in USA.

HI,

I have a situation. I am in USA and have valid H1b visa stamped till 2017. I have changed my employer recently and have approved petition from the new employer. I will need to make a short trip to India and my wife will come with me that time. SO I need to apply for H4 for her as she is coming to USA for first time. My question here is:

1. Do I need to go for stamping for myself? AS I have been hearing that if I have a valid visa stamped from previous employer then I can make an entry to USA with old stamped VISA and new approved petition. Is this still valid?

2. How to file H4 for my wife? Should be against my new petition or old VISA?. I mean will she have any problem getting h4 visa in such situation where I am not going for stamping but I have approved petition from a new employer?

Advance thanks you for any input..

Thanks!

1. Do I need to go for stamping for myself?
    >>> Not needed.

AS I have been hearing that if I have a valid visa stamped from previous employer then I can make an entry to USA with old stamped VISA and new approved petition. Is this still valid?
    >>> Yes.

2. How to file H4 for my wife? Should be against my new petition or old VISA?.
    >>> Using your new H1B petition.

I mean will she have any problem getting h4 visa in such situation where I am not going for stamping but I have approved petition from a new employer?
    >>> No issues.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X