Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help : India Travel On Old Employer Visa Stamp While Amendment Is Under Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help : India Travel On Old Employer Visa Stamp While Amendment Is Under Process

Hello,

Need your guidance on the issue mentioned below, please help!

My situation:

- I came to US on employer A's H1B stamp which is valid till Mar 2016.
    -Changed my job in US and joined employer B, received I797-A and new I94 card extension till June 2017. Project abruptly ended at the location originally mentioned in employer B's petition, moved to a new work location same client and employer filed an amendment, received receipt number for that too which is under process since two months.

Now, i have to travel to india due to some family emergency, question is can i come back and enter US with my old H1 visa stamp on my passport (employer A's valid till March 2016) along with employer B's I797A extension till june 2017 , I797-C receipt notice for amendment filing (under process not approved yet.)

will this travel cause any issue with the ongoing amendment!

Your reply/help is much appreciated!

Regards,
    Vkay

- I came to US on employer A's H1B stamp which is valid till Mar 2016.
    -Changed my job in US and joined employer B, received I797-A and new I94 card extension till June 2017. Project abruptly ended at the location originally mentioned in employer B's petition, moved to a new work location same client and employer filed an amendment, received receipt number for that too which is under process since two months.

Now, i have to travel to india due to some family emergency, question is can i come back and enter US with my old H1 visa stamp on my passport (employer A's valid till March 2016) along with employer B's I797A extension till june 2017 , I797-C receipt notice for amendment filing (under process not approved yet.)
    >>> Yes. No issues.

will this travel cause any issue with the ongoing amendment!
    >>> No issues as long as the amendment does not request any extension of stay. If the amendment is filed just for the change of work location, then you are fine.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Travel to India while changing project with employer

Hi Shervin,

Need help on the below.

I have a stamped h1b visa until October 2020...
      My current project is ending this week August 31st....And I have to a planned visit to India next week on September 6th
      Since, i will not have a project with me, how can I travel back to US?
      Is it possible to travel back to US to original location and then file amendment?

If YES, what are all the documents and questions that I need to present at POE? If asked about the client/project I work for, what is the advisable answer- since I may not have a project in hand during that time.

If NO, what is the process to come back to US?

Any thoughts and advise here is appreciated much.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X