H1B Visa Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Extension

I have applied for H1B visa extension. My application was received at US embassy on july13 and i received the acknowledgment receipt on 20th july. So what will be the processing time after the receiving the acknowledgment.

Thanks

Are you asking about extending your H1B petition with USCIS or visa in the passport at a U.S consulate?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

About extending h1b visa petition. Case is been received at uscis.

Comment

Visa is something that you apply at a U.S consulate outside U.S to get the visa stamped in your passport (This will be done after getting the petition approved). Petition is the one that you file with USCIS.
        It takes about 2-5 months to get the petition approved by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Originally posted by SREVY View Post
        About extending h1b visa petition. Case is been received at uscis.

Comment

Oh thank u, I received the acknowledgment from uscis for my visa extension before 1.5month. I want to know after receiving the receipt notice(acknowledgment) what will be the duration.

Comment

Usually 2-4 months if filed in normal process and 15 days if filed in premium.

Oh thank u, I received the acknowledgment from uscis for my visa extension before 1.5month. I want to know after receiving the receipt notice(acknowledgment) what will be the duration.

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Extension 2 months before

Hi

My employer filing extension as my I-94 is expiring in 2 months.
                Generally how much time it required for entire process?

One more question
                Petition, visa and i-129 are valid until sep 2017. I-94 is given based on passport expiring date.

And my sow is ending by end of the year. Is there any chance i-94 given to SOW date? Or petition / i-129 date?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
                Last edited by simplyphani; 08-28-2015, 08:39 PM. Reason: Re pasted

Comment

My employer filing extension as my I-94 is expiring in 2 months.
                  Generally how much time it required for entire process?
                  >>> 2-4 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

One more question
                  Petition, visa and i-129 are valid until sep 2017. I-94 is given based on passport expiring date.
                  And my sow is ending by end of the year. Is there any chance i-94 given to SOW date? Or petition / i-129 date?
                  >>> It is possible that you get an extension only till the date mentioned in the SOW. Instead of filing the extension, you can try to leave the country and return back using the renewed passport. You will get a new I-94 at the POE matching your current petition expiry date which is Sept 2017.

Comment

H1b extension Delay

My husband's H1B Extension approval is getting delay. No Change in the status. All other form i-129 proccess is going on. Since May extension approval is not done i guess.Due to technical crash already there was 1 month delay in filing the petition. 3months over since case received at USCIS. When can we expect the approval. After his extension approval only my dependent can be filed.
                    Thank you

Comment

It is taking 4-5 months to get the H1B approved in normal process these days. There is no need to wait for the H1B approval to file the H4 extension. H4 extension can be file based on the pending H1B petition. H4 extension need to be filed before your current H4 I-94 expires. There is a premium processing for H1B that will get you the result within 15 days.

My husband's H1B Extension approval is getting delay. No Change in the status. All other form i-129 proccess is going on. Since May extension approval is not done i guess.Due to technical crash already there was 1 month delay in filing the petition. 3months over since case received at USCIS. When can we expect the approval. After his extension approval only my dependent can be filed.
                      Thank you

Comment

Not Extension of H4. Need to file for fresh H4. I m in India. Premium Process was on hold when filing for extension. Is it possible to file for h4 when h1b extension is in process?

Comment

Well, your question wasn't clear. Are you talking about H4 visa? You cannot file H4 petition when you are outside U.S. Well, if you talking about H4 visa, then you cannot apply for the visa until the H1B petition gets approved. Premium processing has been re-activated a long time ago. It was put on hold only for a couple of months. A petition filed under normal process can be upgraded to premium anytime.

Not Extension of H4. Need to file for fresh H4. I m in India. Premium Process was on hold when filing for extension. Is it possible to file for h4 when h1b extension is in process?

Comment

I m talking about fresh h1b dependent (h4). Not extending. Since my husbands h1b is gng to expire in 4mnth employer did nt allow to file for h4 that time. So he is in US waiting for h1b extension approval. Now its been 3month over since the case was received at uscis. Can we expect approval by end of this month? No permission from employer to change into premium process.

Comment

Hard to say how long it will take to get the decision. These days it is taking anywhere between 4-6 months to get a decision when filed in normal process.

I m talking about fresh h1b dependent (h4). Not extending. Since my husbands h1b is gng to expire in 4mnth employer did nt allow to file for h4 that time. So he is in US waiting for h1b extension approval. Now its been 3month over since the case was received at uscis. Can we expect approval by end of this month? No permission from employer to change into premium process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X