Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got H1b while on f2 Visa. what to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1b while on f2 Visa. what to do next?

i came to us on B1/B2 in 2010. Then converted to F2 student status and my wife on F1.
    I got h1B starting October 2015. I received 1-797 for me and my wife .

Now i have few questions.

1. Is this it? or do i need to full fill some more legal documentation?
    2. What do i do next for SSN?. Do i take my 797 and the company's appointment letter to social security office?
    3. Is it completely safe to travel back to India?
    My passport still has the B1/B2 visa and the I-94 from December 2010, since i have not left the country since then. What would i have to do?

i came to us on B1/B2 in 2010. Then converted to F2 student status and my wife on F1.
    I got h1B starting October 2015. I received 1-797 for me and my wife .
    >>> Are you saying that you have H1B approval with effective date of Oct 1st and your has H4 approval now? Did both of your get new I-94 attached to your H1B/H4 approval notices?

Now i have few questions.

1. Is this it? or do i need to full fill some more legal documentation?
    >>> If your approval notices came with a new I-94 attached, then that is it. You should begin working for the H1B sponsor from Oct 1st.

2. What do i do next for SSN?. Do i take my 797 and the company's appointment letter to social security office?
    >>> Yes.

My passport still has the B1/B2 visa and the I-94 from December 2010, since i have not left the country since then. What would i have to do?
    >>> Cannot comment on that. Since you changed from B1/B2 to F2 and stayed in U.S for about 5 years now, the VO might question you when you attend the visa interview next time. Just be prepared to answer if such question is asked.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Got H1b while on f2 Visa. what to do next?

Thank you shervin143,

>>>>Yes, I have H1B approval with effective date of Oct 1st and H4 approval. We both got i-94s in the email. Waiting on the original documents.

>>> Cannot comment on that. Since you changed from B1/B2 to F2 and stayed in U.S for about 5 years now, the VO might question you when you attend the visa interview next time. Just be prepared to answer if such question is asked.

>>>>> Its been almost 6 years that we have not gone back. we would really like to go back at least once and take care of some matters.
      what would be the best approach for this?

Comment

Just be prepared to answer any questions related to your COS from B1/B2 to H1B. You might also get questioned about staying in U.S for almost 6 years without leaving the country. Just be prepared to answer them.

Originally posted by NBneedshelp View Post
        Thank you shervin143,

>>>>Yes, I have H1B approval with effective date of Oct 1st and H4 approval. We both got i-94s in the email. Waiting on the original documents.

>>>>> Its been almost 6 years that we have not gone back. we would really like to go back at least once and take care of some matters.
        what would be the best approach for this?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X