Using H1B Petition after 4 years..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using H1B Petition after 4 years..

I had traveled to US on H1B and worked in US for approximately 18 months (Apr2009 - Sep2010). My Petition Expired on Jul 2011. Owing to my personal circumstances, i was unable to extend my petition.

I am sure my employer has not cancelled it.. the last status i see in USCIS site is that the Petition is approved.
    Will the petition still be usable? Meaning if i find a sponsor would they be able to extend my petition (or) transfer it?

Originally posted by Radha@2015 View Post
    I had traveled to US on H1B and worked in US for approximately 18 months (Apr2009 - Sep2010). My Petition Expired on Jul 2011. Owing to my personal circumstances, i was unable to extend my petition.

I am sure my employer has not cancelled it.. the last status i see in USCIS site is that the Petition is approved.
    Will the petition still be usable? Meaning if i find a sponsor would they be able to extend my petition (or) transfer it?
    Yes. I do hope you kept original/a copy of the approval notice with you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Even if the previous employer has revoked that petition, you can still find a new employer and file the H1B using the CAP from your previous petition. You will need a copy of the previous H1B approval notice irrespective of whether it is currently active or not.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X