Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J1 and Drivers License expiry in Georgia against the law?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 and Drivers License expiry in Georgia against the law?!

Hi,

after I've been really unsuccessful contact my local DDS/DMV about this inquiry, I really do hope to find some help here.

I'm currently here on a J1 that'll expire on September 15, but as with the J1 I'm allowed to spend an additional month after that travelling in the US (which I intend to do).
    Though, my Drivers License expires on September 15 with my J1.

Now as to laws in Georgia I'm not allowed to drive anymore with my international/EU license 30days after I entered the country. This would mean that starting on September 15 I would break the law when still operating my vehicle in Georgia as I have been here longer than a month and I don't have a valid US Drivers license anymore (even though I'm legally allowed to stay till October 15). Furthermore I can't insure my car anymore as I don't have a valid DL anymore (insuring it through my german license is not an option as it's more than 5x the premium).

I feel like my DL should be valid at least till the expiration of my J1 + 1 Month and state law here is contrary to all of that.

So what should/can I do to not break the law here and still normally insure my car?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X