Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension or New H1B

Hello All,

I have the following question and need opinion how to approach my situation.

I am on H1B (masters quota) and is expiring Nov 11th 2015. My employer will apply for my extension anywhere between June 2015-Oct 2015. But I came to hear that any H1B (masters quota without an accredited college) will have issues during extension with RFE stating to prove the accreditation ability of the college. The 'X' university is closed on 2013 and doesn't have accreditation at the time of my graduation. So what are my options?

1) can still blindly go with extension hoping USCIS wont ask for any further documents.

2) can I ask my employer to apply new H1B in regular quota in April 2015 and face the lottery system again.

This is my first extension so no I-140 approved or applied.

Let me know which option is better.

Thanks
    Ravi.

1) can still blindly go with extension hoping USCIS wont ask for any further documents.
    >>> Well, you can give it a try. Advisable to file in premium and get the result soon to avoid accumulating any illegal stay if you believe there can be issued with your extension.

2) can I ask my employer to apply new H1B in regular quota in April 2015 and face the lottery system again.
    >>> It will not make any difference. Also, the quota is already over for this year. If you want to go through a brand new CAP, you will need to wait until April 2016 with a start date of Oct 2016.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X