X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 7th Year Extended w/ PERM Pending <365 Days

Hello everyone,

My dates:
    Current H1B Expires: Jan 2016 (I am currently in 5th year)
    6th Year H1B Expires: Dec 2016
    PERM filed: Dec 2014
    PERM denied: Jun 2015
    PERM Reconsideration Submitted: Jul 2015

Recently my company has applied H1B extension and the end date on the approval notice is Feb 2018 (7th year extension + recapture of unused time). Is the end date valid - my understanding is that one can apply for H1B extension with PERM pending for >365 days and no earlier than 180 days prior to the expiration of 6 years of H1B?

I am also applying visa stamp abroad in Sep 2015. Since I have two valid I-797, which one should I be using to apply for visa stamp?

Thank you so much!!

Recently my company has applied H1B extension and the end date on the approval notice is Feb 2018 (7th year extension + recapture of unused time). Is the end date valid - my understanding is that one can apply for H1B extension with PERM pending for >365 days and no earlier than 180 days prior to the expiration of 6 years of H1B?
    >>> How many days were you eligible for recapture? If that is one year, then get 1*** = 2 years as extension which is valid.

I am also applying visa stamp abroad in Sep 2015. Since I have two valid I-797, which one should I be using to apply for visa stamp?
    >>> Whichever is the latest.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I was out of the US for only about 5 weeks so the recapture is about 5 weeks. Is it possible that I am getting a 7th year extension even though I am currently in year 5?a

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> How many days were you eligible for recapture? If that is one year, then get 1*** = 2 years as extension which is valid.

>>> Whichever is the latest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X