Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for US universities for masters and did not apply for F1, now attending H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for US universities for masters and did not apply for F1, now attending H1B

Hi All,

I am Pawan. I have written GRE & IELTS and got admissions from few universities(F1 student visa not applied/did not attend interview). But, I have postponed the admissions to next year. Later, my plans for MASTERS are totally dropped, as H1B has been initiated by my employer and I got through the visa lottery.

Now, I am about to attend H1B VISA very soon.

I heard from few of my friends that if the interviewer tracks his records using my passport number and gets details of my university admissions, it might give him a negative impression/suspicion on my plans and might lead to my H1B visa rejection.

I am very much worried now on my H1B visa interview.

Would that really be a serious problem for my H1B visa interview? if so, what should I do now to overcome this issue?

Kindly help me with your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
    Pawan.

I do not think it is problem. Just because you got admission, it doesn't mean that you have to take it. If the VO asks, just explain the reason why you decided not to pursue your interest in doing masters in U.S and why you decided to take up a job. What you have done is not a crime. If so, your H1B petition should have got denied by USCIS in the first place.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X