Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I attend my first H1B visa interview in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I attend my first H1B visa interview in UK?

Hello,
    I am currently working in UK. I have an approved H1B petition which was filed April 2015. I am here on a work permit which is valid till January 2017. My assignment here was intended to last for a year, and then move on to the assignment in US once I get the H1B visa.

I am yet to go for the visa interview and I have a few questions regarding the same.

- Will the US Consulate in UK accept my petition? Can I go for the interview here or is it compulsory for me to go to India and take the interview there?
    - My petition has a stamp mentioning Hyderabad Consulate. Is that going to be a problem?
    - Are there any additional documents required for my case?
    - Do I have to go for the OFC interview before going for the actual visa interview?

Kindly advise. Sorry if my questions sound very basic or redundant..

Regards,
    Pratap Reddy

- Will the US Consulate in UK accept my petition? Can I go for the interview here or is it compulsory for me to go to India and take the interview there?
    >>> First time H1B stamping should be from your home country. But since you are already living in U.K, you can try to apply for the visa there. In case they need more time to validate your academic certificates, they will issue you a 221g and it will take some additional time to get a decision.

- My petition has a stamp mentioning Hyderabad Consulate. Is that going to be a problem?
    >>> Nope. Ready the above answer.

>>> No. The usual documents will suffix.

- Do I have to go for the OFC interview before going for the actual visa interview?
    >>> Yes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Contact details of London,UK Embassy of US

Thanks for the response.I am very happy to see your comments.all your response's are very positive sign for my H1B interview.

Before attending my H1B interview, I want talk to US consulate from London US embassy regarding My petition has a stamp mentioning Hyderabad Consulate,
      can I attend the Interview in UK. to sort out this issue could you please share the Contact details of London,UK Embassy of US?

Regards,
      Pratap Reddy

Comment

Hi Shervin,

my attorney advice me before going to H1B stamping,they made me the given statement

"Since you are legally allowed to be in the UK, you should be able to do his H1B stamping done there as well. Better to contact the US consulate first to make sure"

Better I want to clarify my query before going stamping I want to contact the London,Embassy.could you please assist how can I reach them in the phone.please help me to get the contact details.

Regards,
        Pratap Dheergasi

Comment

I do not live in U.K, so I don't have their contact details. You should be able to google to find the contact details of the U.S embassy in U.K. If they have a customer service center, then you can call them. If not, email the consulate with the details and they will respond back. I do not see any issues. You should be able to attend the visa interview there since you currently live there.

Originally posted by Pratap Kumar Dheergasi View Post
          Hi Shervin,

my attorney advice me before going to H1B stamping,they made me the given statement

"Since you are legally allowed to be in the UK, you should be able to do his H1B stamping done there as well. Better to contact the US consulate first to make sure"

Better I want to clarify my query before going stamping I want to contact the London,Embassy.could you please assist how can I reach them in the phone.please help me to get the contact details.

Regards,
          Pratap Dheergasi

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for the response.I spoke to US Embassy customer service.they have confirmed with me that I can go for my stamping in London.
            But regarding my I-797B petition has a stamp mentioning Hyderabad Consulate instead of London.Customer service have not given any assurance about it.
            please advise me, shall i go to interview with this I-797B petition or I need request my employer/attorney to amend the I-797B !

Regards,
            Pratap

Comment

Like I said, that should not be an issue. You don't need to amend the petition for this.

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for the response.I spoke to US Embassy customer service.they have confirmed with me that I can go for my stamping in London.
              But regarding my I-797B petition has a stamp mentioning Hyderabad Consulate instead of London.Customer service have not given any assurance about it.
              please advise me, shall i go to interview with this I-797B petition or I need request my employer/attorney to amend the I-797B !

Regards,
              Pratap

Comment

Thanks for the response Shervin.

Comment

did you get your visa stamped in London?

Hi pratap

did you get your visa stamped in London. I'm in same situation, can you please share your experience if you already attended interview in London.

Comment

please let me know if you attended interview in london and pls share your contact det

Originally posted by pravimmhelp View Post
                    Hi pratap

did you get your visa stamped in London. I'm in same situation, can you please share your experience if you already attended interview in London.
                    Hi Pratap please let me know if you attended the visa interview in london and pls share your contact details.

Comment

did you get your visa stamped

Hi Pratap

Did you get your visa stamped in London?

Comment

Hello,
                        I am currently working in UK. I have an approved H1B petition which was filed April 2015. I am here on a work permit which is valid till January 2017. My assignment here was intended to last for a year, and then move on to the assignment in US once I get the H1B visa.

I am yet to go for the visa interview and I have a few questions regarding the same.

Kindly advise. Sorry if my questions sound very basic or redundant..

Regards,
                        Pratap Reddy

Hi Pratap,

I am with the same scenario you are in. I am also working in london and visa s valid till jan 2017.
                        We can apply for stamping in Bond street in London.
                        Can you tell me what time you are planning to US, I am planning to go in May 2016.
                        I am from Chennai.
                        Can you tell me what documentation you are doing now. I am about to start my paper work for U.S.
                        I have requested my consultancy for I797 and I120.
                        my e-mail id is [email protected]

Thank you.

Comment

Hi All,

I am with the same scenario you are in. I am also working in london.
                          We can apply for stamping in Bond street in London.
                          Can you please share your experience, I am from India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X