Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 VISA Stamping while holding H1B Approval

Hi All,

I currently in India and I got my H1B extension last year when I was in US till June 2017. In my project a immediate requirement came in where company want to send me US on B1 Visa.
    I just wanted to know, if I go for B1 stamping, will it cause my H1B approval status to be cancelled and I cannot get H1B visa further on this approval?
    Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Neeraj

You are not in H1B status when you are outside U.S.
    Do you already have a B1 stamping in your passport? Also, do you have a valid H1B visa in the passport right now?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was in US last year when my H1B Expired but I applied for extension before expiry when I was in US and got approval in June .
      I don not have B1 stamping in my Passport also I do not have the valid H1B Visa Stamped right now in my passport. Only the have the new H1B approval and old H1B Visa stamped in passport which is expired.
      Please suggest.

Thanks,
      Neeraj

Comment

In that case, no issues. Appearing for B1 stamping will have no impact on your approved H1B petition. If you have valid H1B visa in the passport, then the consulate might cancel that when you appear for B1 visa. But since you do not have one, no issues in your case.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

I am not sure i am right to reply my question in this thread,

I have the same question, currently i hold valid H1B Stamping in my Passport expiry is until June 2018, if the stamping is cancelled, if I want the H1B again, do i have to apply for Fresh H1B (go throw lottery) or shall i use my old Petition number to transfer and go for stamping,

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
          Venkat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X