Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old MRV receipt still active for dropbox H1B stamping

Dear forum members,

My recent H1B stamping occurred in June 2015. I had a couple of months remaining on H1B so my H1b expiration was in July 2015. I got thatVISA stamped with drop box in India (Pune) and returned to USA just before my deadline. My i-140 was already approved and my next VISA extension was in progress.

Now my i-140 has been approved and I have already received a new i-797 with new H1B extension date until July 2018 (3 years extension since my priority date is not current).

I am going to India again next week and will need to get my new H1b VISA stamped on my passport to be able to return to USA. I completed my DS-160 form just now, and then went to my drop-box application website. On the last page, I witnessed the same problem I faced early this year. The old MRV fee receipt is still visible to me, therefore the amount owed is showing $0 on the Stanley page that I need to take to a bank to pay my $190 fees.

Fortunately, last time in May 2015 the problem took care of itself after my previous H1b VISA expired (March 2015) so it started asking me again for a fresh MRV receipt number.

This time, I don't know why this is happening again. Their call center has no clue and I am sure this is some kind of a bug. Some people tell me that I don't have to pay again since the two stampings are within a year. Some people tell me one fee can be reused 6 times (even when it is not a rejection and re-application), some people tell me I need to pay every stamping.

Any ideas?

Guys, anyone?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X