Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b petition date validity question

Hi All,

Please reply to this question. In 2009, a company applied my H1B. I got selected by lottery system. I got my H1B visa.
    Issue Date (27-Oct-2009) and Expiry Date (21-Sept-2012). I had never used it. Please answer my following questions?

1.Since the visa is expired, but my H1 petition is not. Do i have to start over with H1B lottery process, or i can still use my H1 petition?
    2.Can i get cap exemption of 6 years. If yes, till which date, someone can file my new H1B from the old petition?

Thank You

One H1B CAP is valid for 6 years. You are eligible to be exempted from CAP if you file the transfer before the 6 years runs out. The employer can initially request 3 years and then extend it for another 3 years.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

friend,

I was in similar situation. Mine was issued in 2008 and expired in 2011, never used.
      Recently, I managed to get my petition approved under CAP exemption.

Cheers....!

Originally posted by ray2015 View Post
      Hi All,

Please reply to this question. In 2009, a company applied my H1B. I got selected by lottery system. I got my H1B visa.
      Issue Date (27-Oct-2009) and Expiry Date (21-Sept-2012). I had never used it. Please answer my following questions?

1.Since the visa is expired, but my H1 petition is not. Do i have to start over with H1B lottery process, or i can still use my H1 petition?
      2.Can i get cap exemption of 6 years. If yes, till which date, someone can file my new H1B from the old petition?

Thank You

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X