Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1B

Hi

My wife holds her visa stamped for I-129.

I am applying for H4 visa now.

Is there a way to obtain H1B visa for me if I travel with my wife in H4?

How can I find the sponsor to do this and what all necessary steps to be taken and how long the process would take?

Thanks
    Arun

>>> Assuming you previously did not have any H1B approval within the last 6 years, you will need to find an employer who can file a brand new H1B petition that is subjected to CAP (H1B quota) on April 2016 with an employment start date of Oct 1st 2016. H1B quota for this year is over long ago.

How can I find the sponsor to do this
    >>> Job sites.

and what all necessary steps to be taken and how long the process would take?
    >>> Find an employer who can sponsor your H1B. They will let you know what documents are needed. You cannot begin working until Oct 1st 2016.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4 to H1B

Thanks Shervin.

Will I be able to study or learn new technology in any institution/university in US with H4 visa until I hold a H1B visa to work there?

Thanks
      Arun

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Assuming you previously did not have any H1B approval within the last 6 years, you will need to find an employer who can file a brand new H1B petition that is subjected to CAP (H1B quota) on April 2016 with an employment start date of Oct 1st 2016. H1B quota for this year is over long ago.

How can I find the sponsor to do this
      >>> Job sites.

and what all necessary steps to be taken and how long the process would take?
      >>> Find an employer who can sponsor your H1B. They will let you know what documents are needed. You cannot begin working until Oct 1st 2016.

Comment

Yes. You are allowed to study while you are in H4 status.

Originally posted by Arundvn View Post
        Thanks Shervin.

Will I be able to study or learn new technology in any institution/university in US with H4 visa until I hold a H1B visa to work there?

Thanks
        Arun
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X