Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding H1B visa -- Need L1B dependent Visa

Hi,

I am having Valid H1B visa stamped in Passport till Jun-2017. Due to some reason my employer is not allowing me to travel to USA with H1B.

My husband is having L1B visa, if i apply for L2 (dependent of L1B) what will happen to my H1B?

Is there a way to travel to US with dependent Visa and change the employer in US.

Awaiting a reply. Thanks for your help.

I am having Valid H1B visa stamped in Passport till Jun-2017. Due to some reason my employer is not allowing me to travel to USA with H1B.
    My husband is having L1B visa, if i apply for L2 (dependent of L1B) what will happen to my H1B?
    >>> Your H1B visa in the passport might get cancelled when you apply for L2 visa.

Is there a way to travel to US with dependent Visa and change the employer in US.
    >>> Yes. If you have a copy of your H1B approval notice, then while you are in U.S, you can file a COS from L2 to H1B with any employer and when that gets approved, you can begin working. If this H1B is filed this year under a brand new CAP, then you can file the transfer only after Oct 1st. In such case, if the employer revoked the petition before Oct 1st, then you are no longer subjected to CAP exempt and you won't be able to file a transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X