Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B and H4 stamping

Hello,

I am working in the US and my H1-B visa will expire in October 2006. I plan to visit India in August and get married. I need to get my H1-B visa stamped along with a H4 visa for my wife.

I have the following questions:

1. My permanent address is Bangalore and all my previous visas were issued from Chennai. My marriage is going to take place in Kolkata and my fiance is also from Kolkata. I guess we have to go together for the visa interview. So should we go to Chennai or to Kolkata?

2. If we go together for the visa interview should we book for two appointments or have one appointment (and add her name/passport details to my appointment). What I mean is - should I have to pay $100 for each of us ($200 put together) or only a $100 for my appointment?

3. Should her spouse's name be in her passport when we go for stamping? My fiance already has a passport.

Suggestions/advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
    S.Saha

1. Kolkata.

2. One appointment with both persons in it.
    $100/person

3. No. Just need marriage certificate.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi

Hi

You can go for ur H1B revalidation and H4 stamping even at Chennai because the US Consulate that serves your Place of stay is Chennai. Since you are the primary beneficiary and ur jursidiction is Chennai, it is safe 4 u to go to Chennai.

U need to pay $ 100 for each and every applicant otherwise you will not even be allowed to schedule an appointment for H4.

Not Legal Advice!

Comment

Hi,
        You are a returning worker.You can go to any of the 4 US consulates. Your wife can accompany you for her h4 stamping.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X