H1 Transfer does not have new I94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer does not have new I94

I am working for company A and applied for extension (regular processing) in April as my I-94 was expiring on July 10th.

On 11th August Company B filed transfer in premium.
    On 12th August extension filed through company A was approved. Documents have not been received yet so I don't know the extension validity period and not sure if it has new I-94.

On 24th august my transfer through company be was approved and decision was emailed with H1B validity till August 2016. however the I-94 stated in email was old one which expired on July 10th. Is there a possibility that I get new I-94 on physical documents?

I have resigned at company A and all set to join company B, but can the above situation be a trouble for me?

Any information is of great help.

Thanks,
    RKRK

How can you join Company B without even knowing whether their H1B got approved with a new I-94 or if it got approved for consular process? If company B's petition did not come with a new I-94 then you cannot join them without leaving the country and returning back using their petition to get a new I-94 at the POE. Company A's I-94 number doesn't matter. Usually USCIS will use the same I-94 number but will extend the period of stay, so that isn't an issue.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X