H1 to H4 and then back to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 and then back to H1

I am currently on H1b visa with my 1-140 approved. My husband has relocated to another state and I looking for opportunities in that area.

If I don't find any opportunities in that area, I may have to quit by end of this month.

My question is that if I change my status to H4 and apply for H4 EAD and after that if an employer is ready to file my H1, would I need to wait until next year Oct to get my H1 and also will it part of the lottery?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Nope. The employer can file a COS from H4 to H1B anytime. You cannot work until the COS to H1B gets approved. Your spouse should have a valid I-140 for you to apply H4 EAD. Your I-140 will not work.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks much for the information.

I have another question. If I find a job on H4 EAD and my employer is willing, can my employer file for my green card porting my I-140 priority date on H4 EAD?

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by h1h4query View Post
        Thanks much for the information.

I have another question. If I find a job on H4 EAD and my employer is willing, can my employer file for my green card porting my I-140 priority date on H4 EAD?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X