No announcement yet.

My legal status when h1b transfer is pending and old h1b and i-94 is expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My legal status when h1b transfer is pending and old h1b and i-94 is expired

Hi,

I have joined a new company this may 2015 and did my h1b transfer at the 5/13/2015 in the regular process. My previous h1b(which my previous employer apply for me) is expired on 9/30/2015, if my h1b transfer case is still pending, do I have legal status after 9/30/2015 and do i authorized to work at that time?

Can anyone help? Do i need to upgrade to premium right now and also prepare transfer to f1/b2.....

it will be very helpful if anyone can find the legal document to support.

I am guessing that you already started working for the new employer based on the receipt notice. In such case, you can continue to stay and work past your current I-94 expiry date since your transfer was filed before your current I-94 expiry date. If the transfer for any reason gets denied later, you will have to leave the country immediately.

Originally posted by pppd View Post
    Hi,

I have joined a new company this may 2015 and did my h1b transfer at the 5/13/2015 in the regular process. My previous h1b(which my previous employer apply for me) is expired on 9/30/2015, if my h1b transfer case is still pending, do I have legal status after 9/30/2015 and do i authorized to work at that time?

Can anyone help? Do i need to upgrade to premium right now and also prepare transfer to f1/b2.....

it will be very helpful if anyone can find the legal document to support.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      I am guessing that you already started working for the new employer based on the receipt notice. In such case, you can continue to stay and work past your current I-94 expiry date since your transfer was filed before your current I-94 expiry date. If the transfer for any reason gets denied later, you will have to leave the country immediately.
      Thank you very much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X