Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in filling DS 160 and unable to edit as interview already scheduled

Hello,

I made mistakes in filling DS-160 for my H1B visa interview. I provided my annual salary instead of monthly salary in the DS 160 form. And Also provided my company's corporate office address instead of the company's branch address I am currently working. Both mistakes are on two pages - 'Present employer' and 'Temporary Work Visa'.

I submitted the DS 160 and scheduled appointment for the interview. I realized the mistakes only after scheduling the interview and now I am not able to edit the application.

Kindly let me know the procedure to correct the mistakes or can it be changed on the day of the interview? As I already planned my travel based on the visa interview date, I don't want to cancel and reschedule the interview as i doubt I can get a reasonable date for the interview.

FYI, I finished my MS and work for a company in US and the H1B petition was filed by the same company. And I scheduled the appointment only yesterday and it is on October 1st week.

Please advise,

Thanks!!!

You cannot edit what you have already submitted. If you want to change, you will need to fill a new DS160 and reschedule the appointment. Alternatively, you can call the helpdesk and see if they can help.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your inputs. I called the helpdesk and they asked me to create a new application reflecting the changes using my submitted application id which will create a new DS 160 confirmation number and I have to bring both the old and new confirmation pages to OFC. They will replace my older DS 160 with the updated one at the ofc center.

If anyone faced the same issue and had it resolved by doing the above, kindly let me know.

Thanks,
      Sasi.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        You cannot edit what you have already submitted. If you want to change, you will need to fill a new DS160 and reschedule the appointment. Alternatively, you can call the helpdesk and see if they can help.
        You are wrong. Don't give false information if you are not sure. You just have to fill up a new DS-160 and carry both during OFC and let them know. They will make necessary changes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X