Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa process again with same employer

Hi All,

I got an H1B Visa stamped in the year 2012 which is valid till March 2015 from employer A and i have traveled to USA and i have been there for 4 months. once i am back to India i resigned from employer A and got into new employer. As there is no opportunity i did't had an chance to transfer my visa to new employer. Now again i am planning to join back employer A. what can be procedure to revoke my H1B. Does employer A has option to revoke H1B visa from USICS as they might have intimated then once i have resigned in 2013? or they have to file the petition again in cap exception process? or just visa stamping for the visa renewal would suffice to travel to USA?

Please help me in understanding the process.

You need a valid H1B petition and a valid H1B visa to travel to U.S. In your case both are expired. The employer will need to renew the petition first and then upon approval, you need to get the H1B visa stamped again at the consulate. You can travel after that.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You need a valid H1B petition and a valid H1B visa to travel to U.S. In your case both are expired. The employer will need to renew the petition first and then upon approval, you need to get the H1B visa stamped again at the consulate. You can travel after that.
      thanks for the response Shervin. i feel my petition is still valid( i am not exact on this its an assumption i came to by going through forums) as 6 years is not completed. its 4th year old petition. can you please let me know if petition is still valid it is just visa stamped process remaining

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X