No announcement yet.

Passport queries for H4 Dependent Visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport queries for H4 Dependent Visa.

Hello Everyone,

I had some Passport related queries for H4 Dependent Visa.

I have a valid H1B Visa approval. My Wife & I are going to apply for H4 / H1B Visa Stamping respectively, together.

Queries:

1. None of us has updated any of our passport details post our marriage. The address mentioned in my Wife's passport is different from her parent's actual residence now, as they have moved into a new place sometime back, however her passport was prepared some years back. Would this be an issue?

2. Is it advisable to Renew my Wife's passport with following details before going for Stamping - a) Address Change (equal to that of our residence), b) Given Name and Surname change (from maiden to married) and c) Addition of Name of Spouse?

3. If Yes for 2 above, where does it actually matter? How does it actually help?

Request you all to please suggest.

Thanks.

1. None of us has updated any of our passport details post our marriage. The address mentioned in my Wife's passport is different from her parent's actual residence now, as they have moved into a new place sometime back, however her passport was prepared some years back. Would this be an issue?
    >>> No.

2. Is it advisable to Renew my Wife's passport with following details before going for Stamping - a) Address Change (equal to that of our residence), b) Given Name and Surname change (from maiden to married) and c) Addition of Name of Spouse?
    >>> Not required. But if you want updated info in your passport then you can renew it.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rg15 View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I had some Passport related queries for H4 Dependent Visa.

I have a valid H1B Visa approval. My Wife & I are going to apply for H4 / H1B Visa Stamping respectively, together.

Queries:

3. If Yes for 2 above, where does it actually matter? How does it actually help?

Request you all to please suggest.

Thanks.
      So long as the current passport is valid, there will be no issues whatsoever and you don't have to renew your passport with updated details upon marriage. If your wife changes her surname legally, then you must get your passport renewed at the Indian embassy with the updated surname. Most spouses, for this very reason, leave their surnames alone because of the hassle of changing documents. If I were you, I'd leave everything alone if the passport is valid and update the information upon renewal time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X