Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help in dearth of info

Hi

For past 3.5 years i worked at one location (B'lore) and now on job purpose i moved to another location. In new location (Mumbai) i am working for past 4 months. Can i book a slot for VISA interview in embassy which is near to this new location(Mumbai) and at the time of interview i will 6 month old to this new location(Mumbai).

I am skeptical about on the day of VISA interview in Mumbai do the embassy people ask me to go Chennai. In that case do i need to book a fresh slot for chennai or embassy people in Mumbai gives me a date in Chennai.

Please help in this Issue ASAP.

Many Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Vinod,
      I apologize for the delay in reply, as I was on vacation.
      You try to book a slot in Mumbai and if they direct you to Chennai, you will not have to book a slot but they will give you 221(g) form where you can attend chennai consulate anytime during Tues, wednesday and Thursday.

If you luck favours and if you have all the documents in properly arranged, you can get your visa in first attempt in Mumbai.

Generally, I heard from people that if you passport is from southern states, you need to book appointment in Chennai and also because if you have done your studies in Southern states, they will have to check the educational background.
      But I have also heard that if you are having some residence proof of mumbai then you can book an appointment in Mumbai

Best of luck,
      Satish

Comment

Hi Vinod,
        U better book appointment at the place which is mentioned on ur I-797 petition so that U will have lesser chances of redirecting to other place. dont take any other chance. its just an advise. all the Best

Comment

Satish: please help me on understand this...

I got blue sheet- 221(g) with 2nd check box marked on it ( for additional information). Visa officer didn't write anything else, didn't mark any other check boxes on sheet. she ( VO) didn't return my original petition, LCA, client letter and copies of my educational transcripts. she returned only my passport and said I am sorry, your case required additional processing/information ect..... I didn't listen carefully after I received blue sheet at the time of interview. please help me on understanding below my questions:
          1) Why she didn't return my original petition, LCA, client letter.
          2) should I need to wait for call from consulate to do further step?
          3) How long will it take for them to do addition process/or information. any idea, please tell me.

Thanks
          ammu

Comment

Thx

Many Thanks Satish ......

Comment

Thx

Many Thanks Very Crazy Guy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}