X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 sent to the wrong address

Hello,

I want to change my status from H-1 to H-4
    I mailed my I-539 with supporting documentation for H1 to H4 COS yesterday to the following address as my husband's Receipt number starts from WAC.

USCIS
    Attn: H4
    1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
    Suite 100
    Phoenix, AZ 85034

I just realized today that the above address is only if I-539 is concurrently filed with I-765. I was supposed to send it to the Dallas Lockbox.

1) Please advise if USCIS will direct the documents to the correct address or if the documents will be returned to me.
    2) Would it be better if I send a fresh set of documents to the Dallas Lockbox?

The last day on my H-1b is 9/24.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Your documents will be returned back to you. You will have to mail them to the right address. Your documents for the COS should reach the right address before your H1B status expiry date or COS will be denied. Meaning, the receipt date should be before your H1B status expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Same issue

Originally posted by h1h4query View Post
      Hello,

I want to change my status from H-1 to H-4
      I mailed my I-539 with supporting documentation for H1 to H4 COS yesterday to the following address as my husband's Receipt number starts from WAC.

USCIS
      Attn: H4
      1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
      Suite 100
      Phoenix, AZ 85034

I just realized today that the above address is only if I-539 is concurrently filed with I-765. I was supposed to send it to the Dallas Lockbox.

1) Please advise if USCIS will direct the documents to the correct address or if the documents will be returned to me.
      2) Would it be better if I send a fresh set of documents to the Dallas Lockbox?

The last day on my H-1b is 9/24.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
      Hi,
      can you please let me know what happened to your file. Did it get sent back. I did the same thing.

Comment

I did not receive the documents back. USCIS took care of it and I received the tracking number in a few days.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X