I-539 COS L2 to H4 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 COS L2 to H4 Issues

My COS to H1 from L1 effective from 1st October and applied I539 to change the status for my spouse from L2-H4 and still its pending with USCIS. They said clearly my spouse can stay in previous status (L2) until decision is made by USCIS even I94 expires.
    My Question is spouse is currently working in L2-EAD, can spouse work until I-539 is approved even though my status is changing from 1st October.

Only concern is it should not affect next time when we file H1 for my spouse. Please advise.

Regards,
    ApKp

Originally posted by apkp123 View Post
    My COS to H1 from L1 effective from 1st October and applied I539 to change the status for my spouse from L2-H4 and still its pending with USCIS. They said clearly my spouse can stay in previous status (L2) until decision is made by USCIS even I94 expires.
    My Question is spouse is currently working in L2-EAD, can spouse work until I-539 is approved even though my status is changing from 1st October.

Only concern is it should not affect next time when we file H1 for my spouse. Please advise.

Regards,
    ApKp
    She should not work from the day you move to H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X