Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestion!

Hi Friends,

I am working for an MNC employer A in Hyderabad. I have applied for H1B on cap exempt in 2014 Nov by a US based employer B. It got approved by USCIS. I attended VISA interview in Jan 2015 in Hyderabad and got 221G Admin Processing. Still didn't get any update. Now, my current employer A wants me to process for onsite (either H1 or L1). I am worried what I should do as my previous application is stuck in consulate with 221G.

Can anyone suggest what should I do? Can I go with the new processing or should I have to reject for my new opportunity?

I appreciate if any suggestions on my situation?

Thanks,
    SDR

Your current employer can file a petition for you with USCIS while your visa is stuck at 221g. No issues there. Once the petition gets approved, you will have to withdraw the current visa application (if it is still at 221g at that time) and re-apply with the current employer's documents. You will have to mention the withdrawal as visa rejection when you fill new DS160.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin143, Thank you for the useful information. To withdraw the current visa application, what will be the process? any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Your current employer can file a petition for you with USCIS while your visa is stuck at 221g. No issues there. Once the petition gets approved, you will have to withdraw the current visa application (if it is still at 221g at that time) and re-apply with the current employer's documents. You will have to mention the withdrawal as visa rejection when you fill new DS160.

Comment

You need to send a letter to the consulate that is processing your case mentioning that you would like to withdraw your visa application. You will need to include enough details like Full name, Passport number, Petition number etc. along with a copy of your 221g form when you send the request.

Originally posted by sdrao View Post
        Hi Shervin143, Thank you for the useful information. To withdraw the current visa application, what will be the process? any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X