Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer on I-94

Hello,

My current H1B petition/visa expires on Sep 30, 2015 but my current I-94 is valid until Oct 10, 2015 (10 more days). I have applied an extension with my current employer which is pending as of now.
    I am willing to transfer my H1B to another employer. Do I need to file my case and get the receipt no before Sep 30 or can I do it until Oct 10? Please help!

Before your I-94 expiry date (Oct 10th).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Before your I-94 expiry date (Oct 10th).
      Thanks so much!

Comment

Delay in joining with new employer

Hi,

I have filed my H1b transfer with the new employer and already have my receipt no generated.

My last day with my current employer is Friday, Oct 9. But my new employer wants me to start with them from Monday, Oct 19. There is a gap of 1 week in between.

My last petition has expired on Sep 30 and my I-94 will expire on Oct 10 (But I have my extension receipt no with my new employer).

Will I go out of status for this gap of one week? What are my options here? Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by adiks View Post
          Hi,

I have filed my H1b transfer with the new employer and already have my receipt no generated.

My last day with my current employer is Friday, Oct 9. But my new employer wants me to start with them from Monday, Oct 19. There is a gap of 1 week in between.

My last petition has expired on Sep 30 and my I-94 will expire on Oct 10 (But I have my extension receipt no with my new employer).

Will I go out of status for this gap of one week? What are my options here? Please help.
          Rule is simple, if you are not being paid, you are out of status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X