Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer name different on Paycheck

Hi all,
    First of all, thanks for everybody's efforts here. I have a question regarding H1B visa with my current company. I am working with company XYZ since Nov 2014. Just yesterday it came into notice that the company name on I-797 and paystub is different. On I-797 the name is XYZ Americas but on paystub it is XYZ US.

My HR Manager is going to change my payroll to XYZ Americas asap so that it will match the name on I-797.

Currently I am also in the process of moving to a new position in a different state but within the same company. The attorney says, she can apply using paystub with name XYZ US and still there will not be any issue in H1B amendment since the name XYZ is same on both I-797 and paystub. By October 30th I will have 3 paystubs with name XYZ Americas which will match the name on my current I-797. Should I ask the attorney to wait until Oct 30th and then apply with new paystubs for amendment or is it fine to go ahead and apply with current paystub? I am also going to check if EIN for both Americas and US is same or different.

I have already received W2 for 2014 with the name XYZ US. And now after this payroll change, I should receive W2 for 2015 with name XYZ Americas. So even if the payroll changes to the correct name, will there be any issue in future in Visa Stamping or transfers/amendments?
    Last edited by Nik231; 09-22-2015, 08:43 PM.

Just came to know that the EIN for both US and America are different. This made the situation more worse

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X