X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Waiver Program for H1B visa holders after changing the employer

Date: 24-Sep-2015

Hi,

Below is my recent visa stamping information.
    Issue Date : 08-July-2014
    Expiry Date: 12-Aug-2016
    Petitioner : ABC Inc.

I moved to a new company XYZ Inc. on March 2015 and my new i797 is valid from 02/27/2015 to 02/23/2018. Could someone please clarify the below doubts?

1) Am I eligible for Interview Waiver Program for visa stamping?
    2) Is it mandatory that the visa stamping should always have the current petitioner name while entering US?
    3) Can I come back to US without stamping since my previous visa is still valid? If yes, the petitioner name in the visa is still ABC. Will that be a problem?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    Rajesh

1) Am I eligible for Interview Waiver Program for visa stamping?
    >>> Yes. But you do not need a new visa. You can use the valid visa from your old employer to return back.

2) Is it mandatory that the visa stamping should always have the current petitioner name while entering US?
    >>> Nope.

3) Can I come back to US without stamping since my previous visa is still valid?
    >>> Yes.

If yes, the petitioner name in the visa is still ABC. Will that be a problem?
    >>> Nope. Just make sure your I-94 is issued till the new employer's petition expiry date and not as per the visa expiry date. Check that before you leave the POE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Sharviin/Rajesh,

This is great thread and i am in similar situation. I have question regarding visa waiver program.

Me and my wife have planned trip to India and my wife (H4) visa has expired on 09/30/2015 so she needs visa stamping. I might as well get a stamping with her, my visa is expiring on 12/15/2015.

My current visa stamping on passport was with my previous employer 'XYZ' which is exp on 12/15/2015. While, scheduling an appointment on website, it's notifying me that I am eligible for visa waiver program.

my understanding is that 'a person with same petitioner can qualify for program'. my petitioner has changed. Should i be eligible? or safe to schedule an appointment?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X