Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Extension Query

Hello,

I'm currently holding H1B visa expiring on 30-Nov-2015. My project is getting over by 30-Nov-2015 due to which client is giving the client letter with date mentioned as 30-Nov-2015 along with few more months as transition period to other vendor (no specific date has been mentioned for that). Will there be any issues while filing an extension with this letter? Any chances of an RFE or rejection?

Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thanks!

It is hard to predict how USCIS treat that client letter. It totally depends on the officer. If the employer requests for 3 year extension and if the client letter doesn't have enough information to support that duration, then it can be problem. Open ended letter is sometime good as the employer can mention that the project is currently open ended without a definite end date and get a 3 year extension. Like I said, it depends on the officer who handles your case. Not something that can be predicted.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for the update!

Quick query - As mentioned below, client letter is having date mentioned as 30-Nov-2015 but along with that I'm getting a letter from our client partner manager with date as 30-Jul-2018. Will that help for a smooth extension?

Thanks!

Comment

It can help.

Originally posted by Rahul Sharma88 View Post
        Thanks Shervin for the update!

Quick query - As mentioned below, client letter is having date mentioned as 30-Nov-2015 but along with that I'm getting a letter from our client partner manager with date as 30-Jul-2018. Will that help for a smooth extension?

Thanks!

Comment

OK!

Can I apply for another H1b transfer from a new employer (company 2) while the H1b transfer to my current employer (company 1) is still under RFE. If not, what options I have to switch to company 2?

Thanks!

Comment

Have you already started working for company 1? If so, a transfer to Company 2 will be a bridge petition. Company 2's transfer will get approved only if company 1st RFE gets cleared. Company 2 can file the petition for consular process though. If you haven't started working for Company 1 yet, then a transfer to 2 can be initiated.

OK!

Can I apply for another H1b transfer from a new employer (company 2) while the H1b transfer to my current employer (company 1) is still under RFE. If not, what options I have to switch to company 2?

Thanks!

Comment

Are the documents checking during premium processing little strict by USCIS?

My friend has sent all necessary docs required for extension and as provided by client and employer but still got RFE.

Comment

The process is the the same, be it premium or regular. But at times, if the officer is really busy with too many cases, it is possible they issue an RFE just to buy some additional time.

Are the documents checking during premium processing little strict by USCIS?

My friend has sent all necessary docs required for extension and as provided by client and employer but still got RFE.

Comment

Hi,

I got my H1B VISA extended till Nov'2016. I have to visit India by Feb'2016, so planning to go for RESTAMPING of visa at Kolkata Consulate. So what are the documents I need to carry with me to the consulate? Related to restamping documents..

I'm working for my employer at client location (as such my employer is not consultant company). My history is all clear, since I'm in US and working for same employer for same client.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I got my H1B VISA extended till Nov'2016. I have to visit India by Feb'2016, so planning to go for RESTAMPING of visa at Kolkata Consulate. So what are the documents I need to carry with me to the consulate? Related to restamping documents..

I'm working for my employer at client location (as such my employer is not consultant company). My history is all clear, since I'm in US and working for same employer for same client.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

May I know what is the updated H1B visa extension fee after the new law is passed? My extension is to be done from the same employer who did earlier....

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone having update on the below query?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X