H1B Lottery Accepted, USCIS Approval awaiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Lottery Accepted, USCIS Approval awaiting

I received communication from my employer stating my H1b was accepted in lottery in the month of May, Since then I haven't received any communication on Approval from USCIS. My employer is saying that they have not received any communication on petition Approval from USCIS yet.

Can anyone tell if there is a deadline before which USCIS has to provide Approval/RFE for lottery accepted applications ?

Is there a way to know the status of the application using case number (e.g., G-100-12345-123456) ?

There is no such deadline. USCIS is taking somewhere between 4-5 months to take decision on cases because of heavy backlog. Employer can upgrade the case to premium and get the result within 15 days if needed. You can track the case status online at the USCIS.gov web site if you have your receipt number.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Do you mean 4-5 months from the day lottery results are out ??

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      There is no such deadline. USCIS is taking somewhere between 4-5 months to take decision on cases because of heavy backlog. Employer can upgrade the case to premium and get the result within 15 days if needed. You can track the case status online at the USCIS.gov web site if you have your receipt number.
      Tanks for the reply, Do you mean 4-5 months from the day lottery results are out ??

Comment

4-5 months from the date of your H1B receipt notice.

Originally posted by anonymous89 View Post
        Tanks for the reply, Do you mean 4-5 months from the day lottery results are out ??
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X