Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Premium Processing - Receipt not received yet

Friends

My current H1B valid till May 2017. I am out of my 6 yrs quota. I got my last extension based on my approved I-140. My H1B transfer was filed by another employer last week in Premium Processing and they received the acknowledgement on Sept 21, 2015. But they have not received the receipt number yet. Is that normal? I was reading some posts about transfer and extension filed together in Premium Process and seems like they can't be filed together?? Ok .. I am confused!

Please help me take my next step.

Thanks

Usually USCIS will send the receipt notice via email when filed in premium (in some case they do not do that). Hard copy of the receipt notice will take about 2 weeks.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Usually USCIS will send the receipt notice via email when filed in premium (in some case they do not do that). Hard copy of the receipt notice will take about 2 weeks.
      Thanks shervin143! Will I still receive the decision on time i.e. 10 business days?

Comment

If the application is accepted for premium, then you will get the result within 15 days from the date of receipt notice.

Originally posted by gssaini View Post
        Thanks shervin143! Will I still receive the decision on time i.e. 10 business days?

Comment

from the date of receipt notice.
          I got it. But till the time the employer receives the Receipt Notice, there is no way to know if the receipt number was generated or not? And if not, what are my options ahead?

Thanks

Comment

Well, there is nothing much you could do until you receive the receipt notice. One option is to check with the employer to see if your premium processing check has been cashed. If its is cashed, then it means, USCIS has accepted your application and have also accepted to process it under premium. In case of PP, the lawyer can contact USCIS to get the receipt notice send via email.

I got it. But till the time the employer receives the Receipt Notice, there is no way to know if the receipt number was generated or not? And if not, what are my options ahead?

Thanks

Comment

H1B Extension Filed - Domestic Travel Pending Receipt

Hi,

My Company has filed my H1B extension (this is my first extension) last week and it was not under premium route. I have a domestic travel coming up in a couple of days. My driver's license, i-94 and Visa would have all expired by then and I would most likely not have a copy of the receipt. Do you know if I can still go on the domestic air travel using my passport as the ID or will they check my visa status at the TSA counters in the domestic airport?

Comment

Valid passport is enough for the domestic travel. You can get a temp driving license from the DMV if you have the receipt notice.

Originally posted by Ram84 View Post
                Hi,

My Company has filed my H1B extension (this is my first extension) last week and it was not under premium route. I have a domestic travel coming up in a couple of days. My driver's license, i-94 and Visa would have all expired by then and I would most likely not have a copy of the receipt. Do you know if I can still go on the domestic air travel using my passport as the ID or will they check my visa status at the TSA counters in the domestic airport?

Comment

Well, there is nothing much you could do until you receive the receipt notice. One option is to check with the employer to see if your premium processing check has been cashed. If its is cashed, then it means, USCIS has accepted your application and have also accepted to process it under premium. In case of PP, the lawyer can contact USCIS to get the receipt notice send via email.
                  I checked with the employer and i got the following reply:

"Lawyer did call USCIS and they wouldn’t give her the receipt number over the phone unfortunately. We’ll just have to wait till we receive it in the mail. I’ll let you know as soon as I have it."

Comment

Did you get any update on your case?

My lawyer applied on sep 30 overnight via premium processing and haven't received receipt yet. So just checking

I checked with the employer and i got the following reply:

"Lawyer did call USCIS and they wouldn’t give her the receipt number over the phone unfortunately. We’ll just have to wait till we receive it in the mail. I’ll let you know as soon as I have it."

Comment

Originally posted by h1b_kri View Post

My lawyer applied on sep 30 overnight via premium processing and haven't received receipt yet. So just checking
                      I got my receipt number today. And the USCIS site says "On September 26, 2015, we received your Form I-129 ..." but the H1 packet was delivered (according to the employer) on September 21. So, may be USCIS actually started working on it September 26 onwards.

Comment

Did you get your receipt number? Our lawyer also filed on 30th sept for premium processing but haven't receive receipt yet.

Comment

My case got approved yesterday. Looks like the USCIS email notification is not working. My employer did not receive any email for the receipt notice as well as the approval. It takes almost 5-7 days after USCIS starts working on your case to get the hard copy of the receipt and probably by the time you get your receipt number your case would have been approved or will get approved in just a few days after that.

Comment

My case got approved yesterday. Looks like the USCIS email notification is not working. My employer did not receive any email for the receipt notice as well as the approval. It takes almost 5-7 days after USCIS starts working on your case to get the hard copy of the receipt and probably by the time you get your receipt number your case would have been approved or will get approved in just a few days after that.
                            congrats!

Comment

Congratulations !

- - - Updated - - -

I did not receive it yet . May be as the other poster said email notification is not working may be its that. Iam a little worried but hopefully we will hear soon

Originally posted by singh12345 View Post
                              Did you get your receipt number? Our lawyer also filed on 30th sept for premium processing but haven't receive receipt yet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X