Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help..Changing the passport expiry Date

Hi,
    I have an appointment for my H1 stamping in Chennai on Feb 6. My wife is already in India & I am leaving this weekend. When I booked the Appointment my wife's passport(issued on tatkal basis) expired in Oct 06. After going to India she has renewed it(same passport number) till Oct 2011. My H1 is till Sep 07. I tried to change the application in BFS site with the new expiration date & its not letting me change it. Would you please tell me how to change it? If I don't change, is it ok if I just go for the interview & explain it there?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Anand

Hi,
    Expiry date of passport is something you cannot change. Staple both the new and old passports together, and mention about this renewal voluntarily on entry into the consulate and later to the visa officer.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena,
      Thanks for the reply. Her passport number hasn't changed. Her passport was issues on tatkal baiais & hence had a 5 yr validity. She just extended it. So, only the expiry date has changed. Should I explain this when v go for the interview? Would it create any problem?

Thanks in advance for your reply
      Anand

Comment

mail to vfs with new date

You can email to [email protected] about the new date of expiry by mentioning her passport number as key field and ask if they change it to new date ?
        because in my case my son's passport number itslef changed and i think if you email they internally have facilities to update these data which we could not change.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X